Cecil essentials of medicine
For over twenty years, Cecil Essentials of Medicine has been a trusted and respected name in medicine. The new, 6th Edition carries on this legacy, laying the groundwork for effective diagnosis and treatment and encapsulating the core of internal medicine in an easy-to-read format. From recent developments in genetics and immunology to innovations in therapeutic approaches, readers will find concise coverage of today's best concepts and techniques.
The smart way to study!
Elsevier titles STUDENT CONSULT will help you master difficult concepts and study more efficiently in print and online! Perform rapid searches. Integrate bonus content from other disciplines. Download text to your handheld device. And a lot more. Each STUDENT CONSULT title comes with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, USMLE style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
Access to a single cecilmedicine.com website - a unified gateway to Cecil Essentials of Medicine content and Cecil Textbook of Medicine content and PDA downloads.
· Presents new material on molecular diagnostics and the molecular therapies now being used in practice.
· Offers a new section, Men's Health, that covers erectile function and dysfunction, common tumors (penile, testicular, and prostate), and general health issues.
· Includes a new chapter on Bioterrorism, in the Infectious Disease section.
· Incorporates "Future Trends" boxes to highlight the scientific developments that will soon impact the clinical management of disease.
· Uses an all-new full-color design, with new full-color figures and clinical photographs, to enhance readability and to better illustrate the presentation of common diseases.
· Updates all of the references to focus on key journal articles.
· Features the expertise of seven new section editors.
63 pages matching lesions in this book
Results 1-3 of 63
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Introduction to Molecular Medicine
94 other sections not shown
abnormalities acid activity acute agents anemia angina antibodies anticoagulation aortic arrhythmias associated asymptomatic atrial atrial fibrillation bile biopsy bleeding bone marrow cancer carcinoma cardiac cause chemotherapy chest chronic clinical common congestive heart failure Crohn's disease decreased defect deficiency develop diabetes diagnosis diarrhea disorders distal drugs dysfunction dyspnea effective elevated endoscopic enzyme esophageal evaluation factors fibrosis fluid function gastric gastrointestinal gene glomerular heart failure hematuria hemolysis heparin hepatic hormone hyperkalemia hypertension hypothyroidism increased infection inhibitors intestinal ischemia kidney left ventricular lesions leukemia levels liver disease lung lymphoma malabsorption metabolic mitral mutations myocardial infarction node normal obstruction occur oxygen pancreatic patients peripheral plasma platelet present pressure primary protein proteinuria pulmonary receptor renal failure result risk serum sinus sodium stem cell stenosis surgery surgical symptoms syndrome systolic Table therapy thrombocytopenia thrombosis thyroid tion tissue transplantation treatment tumor ulcers urinary urine usually valve vascular venous ventricle warfarin