Wisden Dictionary of Cricket
Do you know...
- the difference between a chinaman and a doosra?
- where to find cow corner, the V, and the corridor of uncertainty?
- what Nelson, Merlyn and Michelle have to do with cricket?
- how to get a ball to reverse-swing, or how the Duckworth/Lewis method works?
- the origin of yorker, googly, and third man?
The Wisden Dictionary of Cricket is the definitive guide to the noble game. This fully updated third edition is not only an A-Z guide to all things cricket, it also includes illustrations showing positions and strategy, and quotations from cricket literature worldwide - from 18th century match reports right up to the Darrell Hair affair.
It will appeal to anyone with an interest in the game - from the seasoned aficionado to the youngest new recruit. If you've ever wondered why a batsman can expect a jaffa on a bunsen, or how to go aerial when you're on a shirtfront... this is the book for you.
What people are saying - Write a review
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Cricket But Were Too Afraid to Ask
No preview available - 2012