For nearly three quarters of a century, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics has been the world's most trusted resource for best approaches to pediatric care. Now in full color for easier referencing, this New Edition continues the tradition, incorporating a wealth of exciting updates and changes-ensuring you have access to today's authoritative knowledge to best diagnose and treat every pediatric patient you see. Whether you're treating patients in the office or in the hospital, or preparing for the boards, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, 18th Edition is your comprehensive guide to providing the best possible care.
- Get an enhanced focus on general pediatrics with editorial contributions from new editor Dr. Bonita F. Stanton.
- Treat your inpatient and ambulatory patients more effectively with the absolute latest on new topics such as quality improvement and patient care safety *school violence and bullying * preventive measures * vitamin deficiencies * adolescent rape * effect of war on children * and more.
- Improve your therapeutic skills with the newest knowledge on the principles of antibiotic therapy * antiviral therapy * antiparasitic therapy * antimycobacterial therapy * and others.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
- Locate key content more easily and identify clinical conditions quicker thanks to a new full-color design and full-color photographs.