Whether you’re moving to .NET for the first time, or you’re already writing applications on .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.0, Pro VB 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform will provide you with a solid grounding in this technology and serve as a comprehensive reference throughout your coding career:
- Explore five new chapters of content—including the grammar of the common intermediate language (CIL), .NET generics, and object serialization services.
- Discover all the new .NET 3.5 features—nullable types, delegate covariance, ASP.NET 2.0 master pages, the new Windows Forms “Strip” controls, and much more.
- Get a professional foothold—targeted to appeal to experienced software professionals and/or graduate students of computer science (so don’t expect three chapters on iteration or decision constructs!).
- Gain a rock–solid foundation in programming using Visual Basic.
- Get comfortable with all the core aspects of the .NET platform—including assemblies, remoting, Windows Forms, Web Forms, ADO.NET, XML web services, and much more.
Once you’ve digested the information contained in the 25 chapters of this 1000+ page book, you’ll be ready to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments and well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own.
What you’ll learn
- Everything you need to put .NET 3.5 and Visual Basic 2008 to use in your professional workbefore anyone else!
- Insights and techniques from the author’s experience since .NET 1.0
- Complete coverage of .NET 3.5—WPF, WCF and WF
Who this book is for
Anyone with some software development experience interested in the new .NET 3.5 platform and the Visual Basic language. Whether you’re moving to .NET for the first time or you’re already writing applications on .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.0, this book will provide you with a solid grounding in this new technology and serve as a comprehensive reference throughout your coding career.