About Google Books
• General Help
• For Publishers
• For Authors
• Join Now
• Quick Tour
• Success Stories
• Partner Help
• Library Partners
• Librarian Help
Want to know more?
Read the latest
News & Views
Add Book Search to your site
At Google, we respect the tremendous creative effort you put into your books. That's one of the reasons we hope to make it as easy as possible for people to find them. Currently, we are connecting readers with books in two ways: The Partner Program and The Library Project.
The Partner Program — An online book marketing program
The Google Books Partner Program is an online book marketing program designed to help publishers and authors promote their books by allowing users to browse a limited number of pages.
By matching your words with user searches, Google Books connects your books with the users who are most interested in buying them. As an author, you can join the Partner Program if the rights to your books have reverted to you or if your books are self-published.
- Help readers find your books. Google Books makes it easy for readers to find your books -- even if they are out of print or have limited distribution.
- Let readers discover your books. When you join the Partner Program, Google indexes the full text of your books. Whenever someone does a search on Google Book Search and enters words and phrases that appear anywhere in your books, they show up in the search results. Your books can also appear when users search on Google.com and the query suggests they're looking for a book.
- Encourage readers to browse your books. Once a search connects a user with one of your books, the user can browse a few pages as a preview, just as they could page through a book in a bookstore or library.
- Direct readers to buy your books. As a member of the Partner Program, you can add a link to direct readers to a place where they can buy your books—either on your site or from a traditional online retailers.
- Explore new ways to earn revenue from your books. Experiment with new ways to earn money from your books like ads and selling online access.
- Collect data to help you better promote and sell your books. Get reports about how many people have viewed or clicked on a link to buy your book.
Sign up now
The Library Project—an enhanced card catalog of the world's books
The Library Project's aim is simple: make it easier for people to find relevant books – specifically books they wouldn't find any other way such as those that are out of print – while carefully respecting authors' and publishers' copyrights. Our ultimate goal is to work with publishers, authors, and libraries to create a comprehensive, searchable, virtual card catalog of all books in all languages that helps users discover new books and publishers discover new readers.
We are working with several libraries to include their collections in Google Books as part of the Library Project. Books in the Library Project are displayed differently than those in the Partner Program. For books in the Library Project, Google Books does not let a user browse a book but instead acts like a card catalog and show users only basic information about a book, and, in some cases, what we call snippets – a few sentences of their search term in context. If a book is out of copyright, users will be able to see the full book. In all cases, users see 'Buy this Book' links that lead directly to online bookstores where they can buy the book. Learn More.
Found your book in Snippet View and want to make it browsable? Join the Partner Program.
Don't want a Snippet View of your book in Google Books? Learn how to exclude it.