The sixth edition of Anthony Giddens' Sociology is the best yet.
Revised and updated throughout, it provides an authoritative overview of recent global developments and new ideas in sociology. Classic debates are also given careful coverage, with even the most complex ideas explained in an engaging way.
Written in a fluent, easy-to-follow style, the book manages to be intellectually rigorous but still very accessible. It aims to engage and excite readers, helping them to see the value of thinking sociologically.
The sixth edition includes:
- substantive new material on education, media, social theory, inequalities, politics and government, and a whole new chapter on war and terrorism
- further revisions and updating in all the chapters
- a strong focus on global sociology, and the sociological imagination
- new 'classic studies' boxes, which examine in detail influential empirical research
- additional 'thinking critically' sections woven through the text, to stimulate students' own insights
- specially chosen, eye-catching photographs, which capture the everyday drama of the social world
A best-selling textbook for more than 20 years, the sixth edition sets the standard for introductory sociology. It is the ideal teaching text for first-year University and college courses, and will help to inspire a new generation of sociologists.
Please visit the accompanying website at www.politybooks.com/giddens6.