The Myroure of Oure Ladye Containing a Devotional Treatise on Divine Service with a Translation of the Offices Used by the Sisters of the Brigittine Monastery of Sion at Isleworth During the Fifteenth and Sixteenth Centuries
John Henry Blunt
Kessinger Publishing, Sep 1, 2004 - Religion - 452 pages
1873. This rare work was written for the Sisters of Sion, a religious community which existed at Isleworth on the banks of the Thames from the year 1415 until the Dissolution of the Monasteries, which was revived in its old quarters during the short reign of Queen Mary and which still exists as a distinctively English community of ladies at Lisbon. The Mirror of our Lady consists of a Rationale of Divine Service in general, with a translation and explanation of the Hours and Masses of our Lady, as they were used at Sion. Based on his research Blunt is inclined to believe that the author of this MS. was Dr. Thomas Gascoign of Merton College, Oxford. See other titles by this author available from Kessinger Publishing.