« PreviousContinue »
Training And Behavior
- 3. Fitn ess-For-Duty =
or sale can affect on-the-job performance. An important step companies can take to face
1. Has the individual's work QUALITY or QUANTITY changed?
2. Has the employee made more MISTAKES or BAD JUDGMENTS?
• Takes a lot of sick leave
6. Is the employee ABSENT ON THE JOB"?
7. Does the employee adhere to COMPANY POLICY?
8. Have you noticed the individual becoming OVERCALTTOLSP • Overreacts to normal conditions
• Overty concerned about details/accuracy • Doublechecks work too much 9. Has the employee become OVERZEALOUSP • Never takes breaks • Comes to work early • Hangs around after shift • Wolunteers for excessive amounts of overtime • Suddenly exceeds work expectations 10. Does the employee engage in a lot of RISK-TAKING” e Drives reddessly • Operates equipment carelessly on or of the job • Show's poor judgment in dangerous physical activities • Cambles a kot 11. Has the individual's COOPERATIOW with CO-WORKERS danged? • Refuses to share equipment or information • Refuses to take directions • Refuses to accept help from others
• Unusual talking together
• Plays pranks/jokes
• Monopolizes conversations
• Inappropriate sex behavior
• Flashes money 3. Are there charges in the employee's choice of FRIENDS?
• Especially for breaks/lunch or transportation
• Only those younger or easily dominated
* Has separate set of friends just for drinking or gambling 4. Are there changes in the way 07HER WORKERS react to him/her?
• Ignore or avoid • Mistrust
• Get angry with • Play pranks on
• Become condescending e Joke about
• Complain about 5. Does the employee show more ANCER:
• Impatient • Argumentative
6. Does the individual MANIPULATE others? • Builds up brownie points • Lies • Bragseonggerates • Shows off • Acts naive or innocent • Borrows money 7. Have you noticed any changes in the employee's SPEECH BEHATOR: • Talks slowerfaster • Talks moreless •.Stammers ...— ... . * 8. Has the employee's SPEECH CONTENT changed? • Jumps from topic to topic • Talks about hopeless future • Occupied with suicide, disasters. destruction • Occupied with one topic • Never chats about family/interests 9. Does the employee have more COMPLADWTS about • Physical ailments • Family/money problems • Back pain/muscle aches • Lack of privileges • Co-workers or superiors • Filling out required forms • Being ignored/left out • Or has stopped complaining
1. Are you aware of any signs of "NERVES" or EMOTIONAL UPSET;
• Slow recovery from illness • Preoccupied with death or suddenly religious • Ignores own illness 4, Has the individual's ENERCYLEVEL changed? • Yawning - Restlessness • Fatigue • Fidgeting 5. Are you rvare of any changes in DAILY LIVING ROUTINE’ In WORK ROUTINEP • Sleep difficulties • Change in after-work hobbies, activities • Change in amount/pattern of eating • Rigidly follows same pattern without reason 6. Have you noticed any changes in the individual's CENERAL APPEARANCE: • Appears betterimore poorly groomed • Walks differently (slower, stumbles) • Change in posture 7. Have you noticed any FACIAL changes? • Slushing or paleness
• Frequent trips to the restroom
• Excessive use of antacids, coffee/tea or other liquids, aspirin, cigarettes 10. Does the employee have any CARDIOWASCULAR difficulties?
• Breathing irregularities 11. Have you noticed any changes in the employee's THINKING PATTERNP
• Sees things that arent there shallucinations)
• False beliefs (delusions)
• Bizarre or unusual ideas
4. Difficulty in Concentration
Think about the employees you supervise. Do any of them have any of the following charac
teristics? Go through the list below and place an "X" next to each characteristic you have
noted in any of your employees.
– B. Excessive sick leave
3. High Accident Rate
– A. Accidents on the job
– A. Work requires greater effort – B. Jobs take more time
9. Poor Employee Relationships on the Job