This brand new text covers all aspects of the diagnosis and medical treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, clinical signs, disease activity and progress, reoccurrence, complications, and nutritional aspects, diagnosis, medical treatments, and new surgical techniques. It offers up-to-date information on epidemiology, genetics, immunology, aetiology, and pathogenesis of the disease. Hundreds of illustrations aid in the recognition of signs and symptoms, and tables, figures, and diagrams quickly present essential information. Histopathology, endoscopy and skin and eye images appear in colour.
- Comprehensive coverage: a one-stop source on this important topic for the physician and surgeon.
- Increased and more accessible clinical coverage: stronger appeal to the target physician audience.
- Endoscopy included in integrated colour: much better description of this critically important modality.
- Therapeutics updated throughout, including evidence-based information: up-to-date overview of this key area.
- Key review papers and papers with strong evidence-based content clearly marked in reference lists: helps with more effective literature searches.
- International contributor team: reflects international, global practice.
- New, modern design including algorithms, clinical features boxes, guidelines and protocols: makes book much more accessible and gives faster access to the answers physicians and surgeons are looking for.
- Chapters now written to template: gives a more accessible approach and cuts down on overlap and repetition.
- International author team: appeals to a wide global audience, and reflects worldwide best practice.