Catalogue of the Mercantile Library Company of Philadelphia
Excerpt from A Catalogue of the Mercantile Library Company Philadelphia: April 1850
This address was from the pen of William M. Walmsley, one of the purchasing committee, who labored most faithfully in the service of the Company from its institution until his decease, which occurred during the present year, 1840.
In the year 1824 an additional catalogue was published, at which time the Library contained 1500 volumes, there being then 380 members.
The rooms being much resorted to by the members, it was deemed proper to add a few daily newspapers to the collection of books and periodicals. At the annual meeting, 12th J annary, 1825, it was ordered that this change he made, and three city papers and two from New York were taken. The supply of papers has been moderately extended from time to time.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
What people are saying - Write a review
Other editions - View all
A Catalogue of the Mercantile Library Company Philadelphia: April 1850 ...
Mercantile Library Of Philadelphia
No preview available - 2017