The world’s parrots in one convenient field guide
From the macaws of South America to the cockatoos of Australia, parrots are among the most beautiful and exotic birds in the world—and among the most endangered. This stunningly illustrated, easy-to-use field guide covers all 356 species and well-differentiated subspecies of parrots, and is the only guide organized by geographical distribution—Australasian, Afro-Asian, and neotropical. It features 146 superb color plates depicting every kind of parrot, as well as detailed, facing-page species accounts that describe key identification features, distribution, subspeciation, habitat, and status. Color distribution maps show ranges of all subspecies, and field identification is further aided by relevant upperside and underside flight images. This premier field guide also shows where to observe each species in the wild, helping make this the most comprehensive and user-friendly guide to the parrots of the world.
- The only parrot guide to focus on geographical distribution
- Covers all 356 species
- Features 146 color plates depicting all species and well-differentiated subspecies
- Provides detailed facing-page species accounts that describe key identification features, distribution, subspeciation, habitat, and status
- Includes color distribution maps
- Shows where to observe each species in the wild