BEFORE YOU WERE TOLD TO "LEAN IN," DR. LOIS FRANKEL TOLD YOU HOW TO GET THAT CORNER OFFICE The New York Times bestseller, which for 10 years has been a must-have for women in business, is now completely revised and updated. In this new edition, internationally recognized executive coach Lois P. Frankel reveals a distinctive set of behaviors-over 130 in all-that women learn in girlhood that ultimately sabotage them as adults. She teaches you how to eliminate these unconscious mistakes that could be holding you back and offers invaluable coaching tips that can easily be incorporated into your social and business skills. The results for hundreds of thousands of women have been career opportunities they never thought possible-at every stage of their career, from entry-level to the corner office! Stop making "nice girl" errors that can become career pitfalls, such as:
- Mistake #13: Avoiding office politics. If you don't play the game, you can't possibly win.
- Mistake #21: Multi-tasking. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.
- Mistake #54: Failure to negotiate. Don't equate negotiation with confrontation.
- Mistake #70: Inappropriate use of social media. Once it's out there, it's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
- Mistake #82: Asking permission. Children, not adults, ask for approval. Be direct, be confident.