Understanding Terrorism: Challenges, Perspectives, and Issues
As in previous editions, Understanding Terrorism, Third Edition offers a multi-disciplinary, comprehensive exploration of contemporary terrorism that helps readers develop the knowledge and skills they need to critically assess terrorism in general and terrorist incidents in particular. The Third Edition offers new, updated theories and cases, offers a consolidated discussion of ideological terrorism, and new photographs, updated tables, enhanced graphics and a new two-color design.
- A "one-stop shop" for understanding terrorism, emphasizing contextual analysis and multiple perspectives
- New or expanded case studies and profiles, covering such topics as the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, women as terrorists, events in Zimbabwe, the Palestinian movement and other religious terrorism, the death of Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, Hezbollah, FARC (including the Betancourt operation), recent narco-terrorist events in Mexico, and terrorist profiles of Leila Khaled and Abu Nidal
- Includes "Opening Viewpoints" at the beginning of each chapter with relevant examples to introduce readers to the themes and theories in the discussion that follows
- Updated throughout with new Chapter Perspectives, Cases in Point, photos, literature references, recommended readings, web exercises, and recommended web pages
- Ends each chapter with "Discussion Boxes" that provide controversial information, along critical thinking questions to stimulate classroom discussions
- Outstanding Ancillaries, with an updated Student study site including study tools, links to online video resources, SAGE journal articles, and more. Click on 'Links and Resources' (top left hand corner) to see more.
Understanding Terrorism is a core resource for undergraduate students of terrorism.
What people are saying - Write a review
Other editions - View all
Understanding Terrorism: Challenges, Perspectives, and Issues: Challenges ...
Limited preview - 2014